Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Swatch Time

      I've always been a Swatch kid. My first wrist watch was a blue and green Flik Flak from the States. And then I had this hot pink and neon green Baby-G looking Swatch in grade school. My Kuya had a similar one with blue dial and translucent strap. My family are watch people... or whatever you call people who like watches. LOL We don't necessarily collect watches, but we don't buy watches for nothing. We have high standards for watches. My Dad has this Bulova watch that he's had as long as I can remember. And my Mom has the classic round Gucci watch with the changeable rings and this other Gucci watch. Plus, my parents have this matching pair of Longines watches my Mom bought.
      So my point is, we value our watches. yuck, parang insurance When I was a kid, I always thought that when I grow up, my Mom's gonna hand me over her classic Gucci. But then, as any other thing, her watch's latch/lock came loose through time too the point that it's too loose it falls off from her wrist. So goodbye dream watch for me.
      And then last December, my Mom and I went shopping and she asked me if I wanted to buy a new watch for myself since my Guess watch that I've been using has been with me for years already. And I was like, sure why not? But then for some odd reason when we were actually looking at stores already, I wasn't in the mood anymore. And I told her that maybe we should just by next time. may sakit yata ako nun
      So guess what... today is "next time". :D:D:D I mentioned in my previous post about my Mom asking me to go to SM Megamall to check out the watches on sale. So the thing is, when we came back today, the ones I wanted weren't there anymore. They got sold already. And then I was gonna settle for the gold version of the one I originally wanted from Guess and then my Mom was like, "Gusto mo magtingin pa tayo sa Swatch? Yung tiningnan mo kahapon." And who am I to say no?
      We ended up buying this Swatch from the 2011 Collection which makes me feel like a kid again, back to my beloved old watch brand.♥ Plus, we got it for its regular price so I'm like really thankful to my Mom and her conspiring love for me. Hahaha Before we parted our ways, her going to Bataan, me going back to UP, she told me tell my Dad and Kuya that the watch costs like 50% of its real price lang in case they ask daw. LOLz.
      I was gonna ask her to buy me clothes din sana from Forever 21 but I decided otherwise, since I was kinda feeling guilty that she bought me this watch already without any occassion or anything special.. Hahaha Just that I'm her child. Oh well, there will always be next time. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment