Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My life's curse.

      To tell you the truth, although I always whine about so many little stuff, I actually am pretty happy about my life. I got awesome friends, great family and my parents give me pretty much everything I want and need. If there's one thing I would really complain about is my asthma.
      Asthma runs in both sides of both sides of my family. My Lola from my dad's mom's side died of asthma. My mom's dad had asthma and so does his sister. My cousins from both mom and dad side have asthma. And so on and so forth.. I still remember the "family nebulizer" that goes back and forth from house to house everytime one of us kids had asthma. lol
      But then, unlike my cousins and my Kuya who outgrew their asthma, I seem to be the only one who gets an asthma attack almost regularly. I first had to take steroids for my asthma when I was in Kinder II, then again when I was in Grade 3. At some point, I wasn't allowed to eat chocolates for they irritate my throat, therefore asthma. Two years ago, my cousins and I went swimming in Pansol, Laguna. In the middle of everything, I had this uber severe attack I had to take my inhaler twice or thrice before my breathing eased down. My cousins had a huge scare and only when I started drinking tequila and my breathing regulated that we kind of settled down.
    And now, my inhaler Seretide is steroids induced. This inhaler is usually sufficient to subdue my attacks. But then, there are times when I really cannot wait for the inhaler to take its effect and literally cannot breathe from coughing, so I resort to my ever reliable nebulizer.
      Just like now, my inhaler have run out and the Baygon stench in my room from earlier has not gone away yet. I couldn't breathe and my Kuya and I ended up going to the hospital to buy meds. Thank God for my ever so dependable nebulizer, now I have my life support.
      The last time I had an asthma attack before today, I ended up missing a whole week of class. I almost missed the LIS Congress. And that I guess is my only perpetual complain in life. I could've been allergic to strawberries or kiwi or something. But no, I have to have asthma for the entire span of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment