Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 04 → Your favorite book

  Oh God, this is like the toughest question anyone can ever ask me. With all the books that I've read, and some mine, some borrowed, some of them I don't remember reading anymore, I can't take a pick of just one book. It's like asking a kid what his favorite candy is... it's that hard. I don't think there are words to express how I love books and reading. I once spent half of my paycheck on books. See the proof


My books so far..

  Many people may not agree with me, but books are treasures. I've always wanted to have my own library that houses all the books I've read and love. My parents never indulged this hobby/love of mine, saying that my reading gets in the way of school... which is most of the time true, 'coz whenever I start reading a book and get into it, I don't stop 'til I finish it.

  One example of that is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I don't know if it's my favorite book, it's definitely in my list. My bestfriend Mariel recommended it to me, to us barkada upon coming across it in Fully Booked a couple of years back. So the book went around us, each getting her chance to read it. I think I was the last one to get it among us, and I remember that was the day before my Physics exam. I wasn't supposed to finish it that night, given that I needed to allot time to study for my exam. But then, books always trumps school. The writing was so good I ended up staying up all night reading the book in one sitting. I remember crying my eyes out as the sun came up, with just a couple of hours before my exam.


I loved it so much I bought my own copy

  The book introduced me to one of my most loved characters, Henry. He is my fictional knight-in-shining-armor. He's the love of my fictional life. He's no dazzling vampire nor rough werewolf. He's a time traveling librarian who loves to read. People may say that it's just a typical love story, but it really is not. There's so much more to it than that. I've only read his book once, if not twice and I don't think I can ever read it again without frying my tear ducts just like the first time.



P.S.
  I don't consider e-books as books. I've never been a fan of them. I prefer the old-school flipping of pages as you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment