Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 13 → A fictional book

      I still remember the first time I read this book (e-book actually). It was July 22, 2007, the day after my friend Pauline's debut. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released worldwide the day before, and since my parents never paid for my book addiction, I didn't get a copy.

      After the party, I slept over Mariel's house. Just before I went back to my dorm in UP, our friend Pot-pot PMed us on YM asking confirming with us if he got a real e-book copy of the book. We hurriedly called up Michi, who bought a copy the day before, and asked her to read to us the first paragraph of the first chapter of the book. As we read along with Michi, we started screaming as we realized we indeed got a real copy of the book.

      As soon as I got back in my dorm room, I hurriedly borrowed my roommate's laptop to read the book and have all my questions answered. I hardly slept that Sunday night. Good thing there was no class the next day. I think it was one of former Pres. Arroyo's SONAs. And FYI, that was the first-time I ever read an e-book. And I have no intention of reading another e-book again in my life. I feel like it's cheating if I don't read the actual book.



      I finished the book on Monday afternoon. I remember crying for Dobby and Snape. The way J.K. Rowling wrote the final book has left me a mixture of joy and sadness. Until now I still can't believe that it's over... and that in a few days, the whole world of Wizardry will come one step closer to its end. That this will be the second to the last time I will get to see Ron, Hermione and Harry together. And that soon, a part of my childhood also comes to an end.

For neither can live while the other survives.

No comments:

Post a Comment