Saturday, August 6, 2011

30 Seconds to Mars in Manila

      They say that the best things in life are free. And can I just say that last Friday was a testimony to that. Last Friday was the much-awaitd 30 Seconds to Mars in Manila Concert at the Trinoma Open Parking Lot. It was July 29, right in between my mom and baby brother's birthday. A month before the concert, Mariel and I decided not to go for we had so many things to pay for around that date -- Harry Potter Screening, Harry Potter Shirts, etc. Also, I was thinking that I would have to go home that Friday so we can celebrate my mom's and brother's birthdays. So I made peace in my heart that I wasn't gonna see Jared Leto in all his glory. Mariel and I have been fans of 30STM since we were in high school... way back when they weren't as popular.
      So anyway, the day before the concert, my friend Mado posted on Plurk that she had 2 free tickets to the concert. A friend of ours, July, got complimentary tickets from work, but he wasn't a fan of the band so he just gave it to Mado. I joked to her that she take me with her instead, and by the end of the day, I was officially Mado's date to the concert. Would you believe it, my first ever FREE CONCERT!!
      On the day of the concert, I lined up in front of Conti's at around 2:30 PM and Mado just arrived around an hour before the gates opened. I think I was the 20th person in line and my 4-hour waiting time was all worth it, for we were right at the barricade in front of the stage.

       
Mado and I in line outside concert grounds and a baller I got while waiting in line

      I was so happy we decided to buy raincoats for the concert for it was raining the entire week. As soon as we got to our place in the ground, the rain never stopped pouring the entire night. But can I just say, as soon as the concert started, it was like Mado and I forgot that we were together. We just spent the entire time staring at Jared and singing along with him.
      Despite our raincoats and zip lock for our cameras and phones, by the end of the concert, we were both soaking wet that our fingers were like raisins and we looked we just came out of the shower with all our clothes on. It was such a hassle 'coz we had to change our clothes for Carlo's birthday celeb in Malate (BTW, it was my first time to go to a gay club, and can I just say I had so much fun). But all I can say is that it was all worth it, especially since we didn't pay for our tickets. HAHAHA

       
Jared in all his glory, my ticket got torn and disintegrated after getting wet inside my back pocket

      Although the band only played around a dozen songs, I still think it was all worth it. I mean, Jared's and everybody else's energy level were so high I doubt it if I could've lasted the rest of the night if they did 20 songs. Jared Leto was so amazing I could've cried. He was a performer, more than anything else. If all singers were as good as him in terms of performance, I would lose all my money, just buying concert tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment