Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SLIS@50 Opening Ceremonies

      I know it's lame and all, but I'm really proud of this event. Our team labored ourselves for almost a whole month preparing for this. We even stayed 'til 10PM in the Main Lib just to finish with the prep. I'm not complaining though. The event was such a success and all the pagod was worth it. We had so much fun during the prep and our guests really appreciated our efforts. Although I ended up crying over something worthless and being worn out, it was all worth it. The amount of people who attended and the smiles on their faces made up for everything.


SLIS@50 Log and Exhibit People the night before the event
Photo taken by Sir Igs

      But what I'm really really proud of was the programme for the event. Ma'am Rhea said that the programme will also serve as a souvenir in a way for the attendees so it had to be kinda bongga. Given our limited budget, I figured we couldn't spend much and time should also be considered since we had other stuff to do first. So I came up with this foldable thing. It opens up to show with the programme itself printed inside.


SLIS@50 Opening Ceremonies Programme made by yours truly

      I know it might look easy to make and all, but really it's not. I had to make three prototypes before getting it right. It was really hard with the logo since Photoshop auto-centers the image when you paste it on the page when I didn't really need it to be. Plus, my OCD was attacking me that week so I really needed to make it right. Not just because it would be handed out to 150 people during registration. lol


      After this event, all I can say is that I can now be a professional events planner. LOL I can even do the invitations for the event! Hahaha Anyone hiring?

No comments:

Post a Comment